Ethos Pathos Logos

I used logos to show the mindset that the majority of Americans have currently, especially considering the study was done in 2017. My intent with this strategy was to show the power that death has in our society. Most people in our country assume that death will be followed by another experience and an eternity with another life. 

This gives more importance to the concept of death and how we confront it. This source shows that the majority of adult's believe this isn't their only shot at life. 
Ethos was not included in this post, considering that I am not an expert on death or the afterlife, and my own personal experience is all I can offer. I attended church until I was 20, and throughout that time I was able to see that it was not for me and that the mindset these people have on death is not the same as I do. 

Pathos is essential to this post, and that is because it is an emotional concept. That's partially the reason I chose the idea of death, because it brings about emotion and thought. It's a sensitive subject that I tried to push on the reader. I tried to evoke a sense of urgency and relief, because contemplating death and discussing it with people around you is surreal and an emotional experience that in my community post I attempted to throw the reader into that process. I think this strategy is the most powerful, which is why I tried to emphasize it the most. From personal experience I have found the emotional aspect of a reading to be very powerful, as it connects the reader to the thing they are reading. An attachment to the piece is helpful in an argument or when trying to make a point, and for this piece I think the emotion and the thought provoking nature of death is important in my call for the reader to take action.

Comments