Journal Entry 3: Small Pains

Image result for stubbing toe

Small Pains

What I mean by small pains are the subtle instances of pain after you do something like stub your toe, pinching your finger, or getting a paper cut. Why are the little pains like those the ones that hurt the most? I"d rather be broken up with as I'm having my arm sawed off instead of biting my lip.

There have been times where the pain was so bad that I wondered what sort of sins I had committed to be punished by God this much. I don't want demean the experiences of torture victims, but I know exactly what they've been through. One time, I pinched my finger in a door hinge and couldn't believe that this level of pain existed. It made me consider buying a big bubble to live in the rest of my life, just like that kid that lived in the bubble his whole life.

There's a lot of things I dislike in this world; social media, nightmares, and baseball. But the only thing that I can't control is the small pains. I'd like to know the science behind pain. It seems like there is no other use for pain but to hurt people. If pain didn't exist I could stub my toe, look down, and simply notice that this dresser is in my way. Then I move slightly to the right and I'm back to going where I was originally going. Maybe they'll invent something someday that can get rid of pain. I think hardcore drugs do that but I don't have enough time on my hands to pick those up.




Comments